|High School Spanish 1||Meliza Schrock||1:30pm - 2:00pm||8th-12th|
High School Spanish 1
Instructor: Meliza Schrock (click name for full bio)
Day & Time: Tuesdays from 1:30pm-2:00pm.
Grade Level: High school (8th-12th)
¡Hola! Spanish 1 is a comprehensive, fun, creative class that involves lots of participation and effort! I have high expectations for each student and want to guide you along as you take ownership of your education and strive to do your best to succeed. I highly value mutual respect and consideration and this is expected at all times in my class. Everyone is learning together so we will support one another in that.
I will be incorporating music, fun activities, skits, role playing, projects and drawing among other things into our lessons to bring Spanish to life! There is an online component to the textbook which will be of great support in between our classes together and will re-enforce materials covered.
Along with cultural components, this class will introduce vocabulary surrounding food, clothing, sports, descriptions and family among other topics. We will also be studying the conjugation of and appropriate use of regular and irregular verbs in the present tense. I look forward to working with you and helping you along the way!
Señora Meliza Schrock
- 1 Subject Notebook
- 1 Folder
- Spanish/English Dictionary (of your choice)
- Pencils (Pens are acceptable also)
- Color pencils and/or markers (for projects/activities)
- Construction paper and/or plain printer paper (for projects/activities)
- Spanish 1 Textbook: Avancemos Spanish 1 (2010) – ISBN-10: 0554025310 / ISBN-13: 9780554025315
- Workbook: ISBN-13: 978-0-61876596-6 / ISBN-10: 0-618-76596-4